BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Binge... And the Sabotage

Friday night, Brandis decided to drive up for a visit. So, necessarily, I bought the ingredients to make chocolate chip cheesecake pie. We three (me, Brandis, the pie) go way back to our roommate days at WKU. I even shipped a pie to Texas for her in 95+ degree heat one summer on her birthday.

Brandis eats cheesecake for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. She can finish one off in a day--I've never seen anything like it. Her binges are always followed, however, by an obscene amount of time at the gym. This is how she maintains the balance. Binge and then sweat. Ewww.

I, on the other hand, am a more steady connoisseur of cheesecake and chocolate in general. I eat a little here and a little there, always after lunch or dinner lest I end up with a tummy ache. I steadily consume probably at least a double portion of chocolate something after each lunch and dinner anytime I can find it. When I'm at my house, I'll scour the cabinets and fridge over and over looking for it. I do the same at my mom's house and my sister's. When I nanny, I resort to chocolate milk if I have to. But I get my fix any way I can.

So back to the point. We made four chocolate chip cheesecake pies because otherwise ingredients get wasted, and I just can't have that happen. We ate a few slices Friday evening and a few more Saturday afternoon. I sent one home with Brandis and had two and a half left.

Saturday night I ate another slice (or so) with my in-laws, who are in town working on our house. I'll have to say there's no time like a visit from the in-laws to binge on some chocolate, if you know what I mean.

I planned to have a huge glass of milk and whatever chocolate I had left in the house tonight, but I was sabotaged. My fifteen-year-old brother-in-law ate the last of my king sized Hershey bar. Then he held up the aluminum wrapper and asked for more, accusing me of holding out on him. Sigh. If only he knew how precious that last bar was to me, even if it had the crunchy stuff inside (which I don't prefer).

So here I am, looking at my ever-growing muffin top, realizing it's getting too large to tuck into my waistband, eating gummy worms (you do what you can!) and hoping I can make it through the night without one last farewell to my beloved chocolate.

0 comments: